Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
funkiestj
Initiate
Initiate

Are there any plans to create an Arlo Q plus that is rated IP65 for outdoor use?  It looks to me like the Q has higher resolution (1080p vs 720p?) than the wireless (presumably because it is powered) and I want the highest resolution available but I also prefer running power (PoE) rather than periodically changing batteries.

Is anyone using the existing Arlo Q+ cameras outside?  E.g. by adding some weatherproofing?  I could easily mount an Arlo Q+ outdoors under the roof where it would be out of the rain but moisture from fog and dew would still be a problem.

Lastly, is there a roadmap for future products?  E.g. higher resolution cameras?  Given the very wide field of view  (typical of security cameras) 1080p is OK but 2k or 4k would be better.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

funkiestj,

Arlo Q/Q Plus are not rated for outdoor use. There are some discussions on the Arlo Idea Exchange requesting PoE/Wired outdoor options. If you like would like to see a camera in the future with these capabilities, I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by adding Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation