Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lflee
Follower
Follower

Have Arlo Q plus and set it up, update the firmware.

Also have the Arlo Q Plus connect wirelessly.

Add Arlo to Google Home app, name it "camera", ask "OK, google, show me camera on the TV" (Chromecast Ultra is connected to TV) do nothing. Remove Arlo from Google Home, and add back again. Now it show the content of camera on my TV, great! However, the video/audio stream delay is pretty bad, like 10 - 15 secs delay (is this normal?). It's more like the video is send to Netgear server, then send it back to the TV. Nonetheless, this is fine, the more serious issue is the streaming stop (turn into black screen) after a couple minutes. 😞 

Also, what is the exact phrase to ask Google to stream the camera content? I found "OK Google, show camera on TV" works but some time it display list of movies on TV for me to select. Man Indifferent

I have checked to see if there is any settings that said "turn off casting after xx time" in the Arlo or Google Home App (not really have any options after added into Google Home app), but I can't find any. I would like to have it keep streaming until I told it to stop.

Is there anything I can do about this? 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lflee,

You may see a slight delay in the stream as the camera has to communicate with the Arlo cloud to initiate the live stream. Do you experience any issues with a black screen after a few minutes when live streaming your Arlo Q Plus from the Arlo app? Does this only happen when using google assistant? Does this always happen or is it intermittent?

To test your camera, say “Hey Google, show [name of room where camera is placed] on [name of Chromecast device].

For more information on how to set up and use Google Assistant, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation