Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus no audio in recordings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DeepestBlue
Tutor
Tutor

About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed that the video recordings of my Arlo Q Plus camera have NO AUDIO.

This includes the recordings made when motion/sound is detected and when I make a manual recording.

If I watch live video from my camera I DO get audio.

Sound detection still appears to work.

I have also tried to view the downloaded recordings using other applications, and there is also NO AUDIO.

I have:

- reset the camera;

- removed and added the device from the app;

- removed/installed the app;

- recynched the camera;

- reset the camera;

- power-cycled the camera;

The firmware of the device is up to date, as is the Arlo app on my Android phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeepestBlue
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @ShayneS 

Prior to raising this in Arlo Community I had been in contact with Support but had gotten nowhere. Hence I reached out on Community and in the Play store. All suggestions from Support had been exhausted and Support have been unresponsive to me since 13/9 despite numerous requests, which is most disappointing.

However since yesterday I have noticed that audio is now appearing on my NEW recordings. I can only assume that a change on Arlo's servers has been made as the issue is clearly not with the app and there has been no device firmware update.

I will continue to monitor this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DeepestBlue

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

DeepestBlue
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @ShayneS 

Prior to raising this in Arlo Community I had been in contact with Support but had gotten nowhere. Hence I reached out on Community and in the Play store. All suggestions from Support had been exhausted and Support have been unresponsive to me since 13/9 despite numerous requests, which is most disappointing.

However since yesterday I have noticed that audio is now appearing on my NEW recordings. I can only assume that a change on Arlo's servers has been made as the issue is clearly not with the app and there has been no device firmware update.

I will continue to monitor this.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation