Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Contay
Tutor
Tutor

I hadn't used my Arlo app in a while and now it just seems BEYOND glitchy.

Half the time it says my device isn't connected...

I log out and back in then it shows connected....

I try to play live video and it spins forever and says my device isn't connected.

Close the app and go back in, it shows it's connected.

The video/motion alerts don't show up in my library the majority of the time.

It seems if I get an email, then the video will show up...otherwise, I never get an email nor does the video show up in my library (despite getting the alerts).

I've restarted everything, etc...but this app just seems beyond garbage at this point..

I've searched around and it seems a LOT of people have this problem and I'm not sure there's been any resolution yet?

I just can't believe you would go from a fairly stable app to something that is pretty much broken/useless the majority of the time!!!  This whole setup is completely useless without this feature working.

I've used my Arlo and the app for years without any issues (apart from terrible geofencing) and all of this seems to be happening after not having used it for some time (which I can only imagine equates to updates).

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have a few questions for you.

• Have you tried removing & Re-installing the Arlo app? 
  • Which version of the Arlo app are you using?
  • Does this occur on the Web browser & Arlo app?
Contay
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne,

Thanks for your response..

Yes, I have tried reinstalling a few times and am currently running 3.2_28350.

Trying the web version right now seems a bit more reliable than the app (takes a really long time and often get "the request timed out"), although, a few days ago they were both being very hit and miss.

I never had these issues before and this version seems totally unusable. 

This app used to work perfectly for all functions (again, with the exception of geofencing)

The live video works 1 out of 10 times.  All other times it will say my device is not connected, despite being able to get status (although sometimes the status will just show offline also).

Even the get status is flakey from time to time and shows "offline"...but close the app and go back in and it spins for a while but will eventually show the status...

I know there is no issue with my network/connectivity as I am reliably able to play live video through my samsung smart things hub mobile app when the Arlo app doesn't work.

I appreciate your help!

Contay
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone?? 

This is beyond disappointing...

This worked perfectly fine before and, aside from app updates, I've not touched this!!!

I've just gone through full blown factory reset of the device, reconfigured everything from scratch...trigger the motion detector and get the notification but no video posted to the library....even tried manually recording the live video, and still nothing!!

What on earth is the point of a security camera if it does not take/post videos and just tells you "hey, motion detected..could be your cat...could be a armed robbers...who knows"??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you connecting the camera via WiFi or Ethernet? Have you tried bringing the camera closer to your router?

Contay
Tutor
Tutor

The camera is connected via WiFi and is 3 feet away from the router.

Again, this was never an issue before and the camera has not moved.

I just checked my arlo app and did a manual record.

This time it showed up in the library, so I tried a motion detect and it alerted me, then all of a sudden 20 videos from my testing yesterday popped up in the library.

This is all so flakey and totally unreliable.

MrMason
Star
Star

I have the same issue "Videos not uploading consistently".

Even live-view is glitchy.

I think it is the Camera (VMC3040r6)/ Firmware that works like it's too much workload for the camera.

When I change the video resolution  "quality" to 1280x720 it seems to work better, but that is not what I paid for.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MrMason

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation