Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HSI
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am interested in the Arlo Q Plus and I want to install it in my kid’s bedroom.  However, I have a few questions.

1. Does it show any light on the camera at night while my kid is sleeping?  i dont want it to be bright at night in the room.
  2. Is the 130 degree angle enough to cover a whole room?  Do you have a picture of the viewing angle?

Thank you very much.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can turn off the LED on the camera so it doesn't show.  However, the IR illuminators do give a dull red glow when they turn on due to motion detection.  I doubt that they would be irritating since they would be less bright than a night light.

130 degrees is the angle of view which is very wide angle.  If placed in a corner (90 degrees), it will pick up pretty much everything in the room.

HSI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Which POE switch should i get for the Arlo Q plus?

HSI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also can you switch off the wifi in the camera as there are kids in my house and i dont feel comfortable having too many wifi devices connected

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a specific switch recommendation but I'd think that any recent PoE-enabled switch would be fine.  As for switching off the wireless portion of the camera, again, don't specifically know, but would assume that use of an Ethernet connection would disable the WiFi radio.

HSI
Aspirant
Aspirant

because i am concerned if the wifi will be harmful for my kids at home, i want to know for sure if connecting it to an ethernet cable will automatically turn off the wifi capability of the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HSI,

I'll see what I can find out and post an update shortly.

JamesC

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

HSI wrote:

Which POE switch should i get for the Arlo Q plus?

I'm using a Netgear GS308P with an Arlo camera.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation