Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus - POE Power Not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
19rs50
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera works with a ethernet connection and the AC power adapter. When I remove the AC power (at the unit(), teh cameral stops working (no status light on the camera and the app shows lost connection). I have combed the internet for an answer and have placed several calls to the support line with no success. Seems to be out of the persons's knowledge. Any help will be apprciated.

I have: rebooted the router (Apple Airport Extreme) and have deleted and reset the cameral serveral times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
19rs50
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK.  I originally posted this thread. I am new to PoE.  I figured that if the box showed "Connect with WifFi or Ethernet"  and "Power-over Ethernet. Power and connect to your network with a single cable", that is all I needed to do. Turns out that PoE requires a PoE enabled switch that I eventually purchased and installed. They show this in the booklet inside the box. It would be nice if they repeated this on the outside too. Also, it would be great if the company instructed their support hot line to know this. I went through three different people who did not know this. Now that I do, it would be one of the first questions I would ask if I was part of the Arlo support team. So, while Arlo Q + is a great product, it would behoove them to teach their support folks a bit about the fundamentals.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the AirPort Extreme support POE?

TMK, they required an addional kit for poe

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
19rs50
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll find out and let you know what I find.
19rs50
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK.  I originally posted this thread. I am new to PoE.  I figured that if the box showed "Connect with WifFi or Ethernet"  and "Power-over Ethernet. Power and connect to your network with a single cable", that is all I needed to do. Turns out that PoE requires a PoE enabled switch that I eventually purchased and installed. They show this in the booklet inside the box. It would be nice if they repeated this on the outside too. Also, it would be great if the company instructed their support hot line to know this. I went through three different people who did not know this. Now that I do, it would be one of the first questions I would ask if I was part of the Arlo support team. So, while Arlo Q + is a great product, it would behoove them to teach their support folks a bit about the fundamentals.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation