Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wabrosch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just bought an Arlo QPlus cam and have some problems with night vision modus. I already tried to reset cam, reconfigure everything, but nothing has changed. Latest firmware installed. Cam sits on a wardrobe. Night modus is activated in the app!But it remains black, see attach

Thanks in advance for any hints

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would say that it's caused by the bright reflection from the top of the wardrobe caausing the camera's autoexposure to think that's what should be properly exposeed. Reposition the camera temporarily to eliminate the top from view and you should see a marked improvement.

Wabrosch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the answer.

Yes,  it caused by the bright reflection, but I can't move the cam as i don't have power in another place.

Isn't there any possibility to handle the reflection, like other cams do?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that other cameras can handle the same scenario - different maybe but autoexposure can always be fooled.

Try putting something there to prevent the reflection - a doily, placemat, anything that prevents that glossy finish from reflecting. I'd try a darker color, too.

Wabrosch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did put something dark cloth to prevent reflection, but this didn't helped. Same as before.

Isn't there a way to exclude a section from beeing captured?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set up zones but that's for motion detection, not for autoexposure. The likely way you're going to solve this is to move the camera or have external lighting so night vision isn't needed.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation