Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doesn't Record to Library when Live View is ON from mobile device - Arlo Q Plus - Help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jaspersmith
Follower
Follower

Arlo is Armed and when there is motion it automatically records to the library.  But when I turn on LIVE view from my mobile device it no longer starts to record to the library when activated by motion.  I think the issue started when the new App was released.  I have tried both on the Legacy Arlo app and the New Arloo app, both on iOS and Android.  Either way doesn't record to library when LIVE view is on.  Arlo Q plus has the latest firmware.  I've also tried to reboot the camera several times now.  Still doesn't work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jaspersmith wrote:

Arlo is Armed and when there is motion it automatically records to the library.  But when I turn on LIVE view from my mobile device it no longer starts to record to the library when activated by motion.  I think the issue started when the new App was released.

Nope. It's always been this way - live view supersedes motion detection. You must manually hit record while live viewing if you want a recording.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jaspersmith wrote:

Arlo is Armed and when there is motion it automatically records to the library.  But when I turn on LIVE view from my mobile device it no longer starts to record to the library when activated by motion.  I think the issue started when the new App was released.

Nope. It's always been this way - live view supersedes motion detection. You must manually hit record while live viewing if you want a recording.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation