Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All 3 Arlo devices (Arlo Q, Arlo Q+, VMB3000) shown disconnected (From China)

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

Hi,  #1 Started from about last Friday, all 3 sets of my Arlo devices were reported disconnected and cound not view live stream. Is there anything going on at the service side?   #2 And, in my last report (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q-Plus/Have-problem-to-watch-the-live-of-Arlo-Q-Plus-started-from...), the problem (viewing and delay) were fixed but leaving that I am still could not use the "Push-to-Talk" function of my Arlo Q+ device.   Please help.  Thanks, Kee Tsui

KT
25 REPLIES 25
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be a local problem. What device and OS are you using to check? Have you tried both the app and a browser? Have you logged out and back in? What do you see on the cameras (Qs) or bases? Have you tried manually restarting them?

KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

I am using both desktop (via Chrome) and an android phone app.

I have been trying log out/in many times for the past days. Also, un-plug/plug do not work as well. And actually, these 3 Arlo devices are in 3 different location and there are 3 users of us tried and found the same problem.

There is nothing shown in the screen except that telling me my device(s) is/are not connected.

I am with the VMB3000 device (same LAN), and tonight I tried resetting it but then I finally could not add it back to my list...

I am in China, is there any other China user report a similar problem?

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Kee

KT
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

The key point is that the error message tells me that our devices are not connecting to the internet, which is not true.

So I wonder what might have caused the problem, and affected the 3 devices at different places at the same time.

Kee

KT
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

China has been reported as a problematic country for Arlo in the past. I suspect some policy has caused a blockage to the Arlo servers.

KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

Are there any other users in China confirmed similar problem?

And if this is the case, is there a setting such that I could change the network configuration of the device (gateway, DNS server, etc.), so that I might be able to get it bypass the blockage? 

I really need these devices back online, please help. Thank you!

Kee

KT
Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. All my cameras did not work some days before in China. I reset all cameras and can not connect them again. What's the problem?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like China is the common denominator.

KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have got 2 more (one of which is a seller) reports on the same thing in China.

(However, there is also a unconfirmed report says that VPN doesn't help, which means the problem might not be related to the blockage.)

So now we need to solve the problem (at least for the future purpose). Here is my suggestions:

#1 First of all, this probably affects all arlo products that ever sold in China which would cause huge damage to the market share. Therefore, Netgear should contact authority of China to try to get Arlo on the white list.

#2 In case this "happens" again (and again) in the future, Arlo devices shoud allow local connection for configuration, and a more advanced network setting should be available on the device / app such that user can change Gateway, DNS Server, etc..

Thanks,

Kee

KT
Robinwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1

I have the same problem as you mentions above. Tried many times to reset and restart, but APP still can't find Arlo device. 

The light shows amber which means it can't connect to server.

KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

I can now confirm that this issue has nothing to do with the blockage or GFW.

News from people inside Netgear says there is problem with the server.

I hope you could solve the problem ASAP.

KT
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Robinwoo

Where is the amber light showing on your Base Station? If the amber light is showing on the internet, try to connect your device directly to the router and see if you are able to access the internet.

Hey @KeeTsui,

If you are still having problems, I can help create a case for you. I will reach out to you via PM so our support team can assist you further.

Robinwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP I've been using Arlo Q plus which doesn't own the base station. I found the light turns into solid purple when connected the device directly into the router. From the quick guide, I see the color of solid purple means the device is not linked with the server.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. Try to plug in a different device (such as laptop) to the router to ensure that you are able to access the internet with no problem. If you are still having problems, let me know and I can have our support team look into this further for you and help create a case for you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Alos, reboot the router. That's cleared some connection problems in the past.

Robinwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP no problem in accessing the Internet  with other devices. 

KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

@JessicaP

As of now (18-11-12 8:36am in China):

My Arlo Q+ at home shows it is connected, but I can't watch the live stream;

The VMB3000 with me, also indicates that it is connected to the internet/server, however, I can't add the base station back on my device list, nor can I syn. the base station with the cameras.

KT
Smith2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't watch the live stream too, although it seems it have connected to internet.
I added the base station back on my device list successfully after reset it, but I still can’t see any live stream.
There is probably something have been changed because I could not even add any arlo camera to my App. I believed it was the problems of arlo’s servers in stead of GWF.
KeeTsui
Guide
Guide

Just successfully added the VMB3000 base station to my list and paired the 2 cameras.

But like Smith2018 said, I still can not watch the live stream even I am in the same LAN with the VMB3000.

KT
Robinwoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP Still can't add Arlo device into the my list in the app and plz help create a case

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Robinwoo,

I have sent you a PM to gather more information to help you out.

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an Arlo Q+ it hasn't recorded any activity online since 27th although the notifications are still coming through to my Android App.I've restarted the camera through the app but this hasn't restored the triggered recordings.

This same scenario has happened many times over the years with the Arlo cameras.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Wayne72,

Are you seeing any recordings saved when checking through your PC via browser?

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

No the browser didn't show recordings for the couple of days until I noticed the problem and power cycled the camera.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

So after power cycling the camera, you are still seeing the problem? If it still occurs after you power cycled, let me know so I can help create a case for you so our support team can assist you further.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation