Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

you are not connected to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I keep getting the message 'you are not connected to the internet' when I am.  Checked with cable, signal is good.  All green lights on the base, cameras show 3 bars.  Uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times, forced stop and restarted, clear app cache.  The only way to get rid of the message is to tap the screen.  Very annoyed and disappointed with this system right now.  Anything else to try to get rid of the message?

Thanks

VMB 4000 

firmware 1.10.0.4_20963

app vs. 2.5.1_21471

samsung android  7.0

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gs6434,

Where are you seeing this message? Can you provide a screenshot?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Unfortunately I only have 5 days left to return the cameras for a refund.  Beside the internet connection message my two batteries are also going down with only a few 25 or 40 second  motion alerts.  The scheduler does work as it should.  I went into my router and did see VMB 4000 listed there so that doesnt seem to be the issue.  All other apps on my phone are fine, only on the Arlo app do I get the no connection message. I plan to disconnect everything tonight and pack it up tomorrow for return.  I just don't have the time or patience to try and get it right.

Very disappointing.  I've attached a picture of the error message.

Thanks for replying.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gs6434,

Your screenshot indicates the signal strength for your mobile devices WiFi/Data connection is extremely poor. This is likely why you're getting the error message as at some point the application is losing connection to the internet due to the poor signal strength.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, you may be right on that as I could see the signal strength change as I walked thru my rooms with the phone.  I intend to follow up on that.

I sadly returned the cameras today, just didn't work as I planned.  I will say the quality of the equipment was very good, not flimsy like some devices.  Maybe down the road a more suitable system will be available for my use but not at this point.