Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

what is the Password for NETGEAR10 that my Arlo Pro base is sending

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is the Password for NETGEAR10 that my Arlo Pro base is sending.  I can't get my cameras to connect to the app on my phone or recognize my phone app and I think it wants the password to the Base.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rsrmom wrote:

Power and Camera lights are on and green.   Center light is off.

Which means no internet connection.  

Can you connect a PC to the same ethernet cable (turning wifi off), and see if you can browse a website?

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • Dannybear
    Master
    Master

The VMB4000 Base station wifi is closed but shows an ssid of ARLO_VMB_xxxx....

You need to import the base station into the account before you can import the cameras.

If you’re bypassing the Base station to connect directly to the local wifi router then you will need that password same as you using the phone to connect to wifi.

14 REPLIES 14
Dannybear
Master
Master

You need to import the base station into the account before you can import the cameras.

If you’re bypassing the Base station to connect directly to the local wifi router then you will need that password same as you using the phone to connect to wifi.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

@Rsrmom:  I am thinking you might not have a VMB4000 base.  Can you look for a label that starts with VMB?  Then confirm the model number.

Please also let us know what cameras you are trying to add.  The newer cameras all work with the VMB4000, but they won't work with older bases (VMB3xxx models).  If your cameras open up, then you can remove the battery and look for a VMC label inside.

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base and the two cameras are the original Arlo system I purchased several years ago.  I just upgraded from HughesNet to Starlink and want to reconnect.  That's all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rsrmom wrote:

The base and the two cameras are the original Arlo system I purchased several years ago.  I just upgraded from HughesNet to Starlink and want to reconnect.  That's all.

All that should be needed is to connect the ethernet from the base station to the Starlink router.

You can't directly connect to the Arlo base station wifi from your laptop or smartphone - it can't be done.  The cameras know how to connect.

1. Are the camera and base station still in the account?
  2. What is the status of the base station LEDs?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

It would still be helpful to know the base station and camera models.

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I definitely have the VMB4000 base and the VMC cameras.  Two cameras came with the base in the original packaging I purchased myself.  Arlo Pro.  I just switched to Starlink from HughesNet and need to reconnect my Arlo to the WiFi.  I can't get the base to recognize the cameras again.   Can't get my Iphone app to recognize the base either.

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000 base.  Power light is green.   center light is green occasional flash.  Camera light is not on.  When I press sync, it flashes with the center light.    I open the app to add devices, "No Arlo Devices found" is the end result.  Devices are the same two cameras that came with the base.  VMC Arlo Pro Cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rsrmom wrote:

Can't get my Iphone app to recognize the base either.

That's where you need to start.

What is the status of the base station LEDs? https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Is the base station connected to an ethernet port of the starlink router?

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

after disconnecting everything and starting over....plug in Ethernet cable to base, plug in power, all lights flashed green and then the power light went yellow.  that's all I have now.

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now the power light is on, the camera light is on - both solid green.  Center light is off. My phone is not recognizing the base.

I ordered a Starlink ethernet adapter so I would have an ethernet connection for Arlo.  It is connected.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rsrmom wrote:

after disconnecting everything and starting over....plug in Ethernet cable to base, plug in power, all lights flashed green and then the power light went yellow.  that's all I have now.

The yellow power light means that the base is trying to boot up.  Normally it would only be that way for a short time (maybe a minute).

Have you tried unplugging the power, and then plugging it in again?

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rsrmom wrote:

Which means no internet connection.  

Can you connect a PC to the same ethernet cable (turning wifi off), and see if you can browse a website?

Rsrmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I connected the Ethernet cable from Starling to laptop with no issues.  Internet is working and then I plugged it back into the Arlo base.  Now all three lights are green.  Whatever that was worked!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rsrmom wrote:

I connected the Ethernet cable from Starling to laptop with no issues.  Internet is working and then I plugged it back into the Arlo base.  Now all three lights are green.  Whatever that was worked!

Great!