Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

we have Arlo Pro model #VMB4000 - is not connecting to internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
S-DDaries2
Aspirant
Aspirant

We recently had a power outage.  It interupted our WiFi and we needed to obtain a new gateway.  We have a new WiFi name and password.  is there somewhere within the Arlo system that I need to indicate this information.  Currently Arlo indicates it is not connected to the internet.  The Base Station is on, however, the center light blinks green - both other lights are solid green.     This initially worked fine.  Our internet is up and running on all our other devices.  The devices are on the outside of the house and the base station is in our closet connected to the gateway.  We have reset and synced the cameras .  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Susan

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@S-DDaries2

Are you saying that it worked for a while then stopped working?

Is the internet light mostly green and sometimes flickering?

The Arlo base should automatically detect the internet change.

Brian

S-DDaries2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brian,

yes the Arlo initially worked.  It did stop working maybe a week or so prior to our power outage.  Then everything went off.  We installed the updated gateway and a technician came out because we needed additional wiring.  Everything was plugged back in and we changed all WiFi names and passwords where necessary, but still could not get the Arlo to connect.

brh
Master
Master

@S-DDaries2

Ok, now i understand. It has not worked sisnce the new gateway was installed.

The Arlo base stations should automatically recognize the new system although you may need to power off the base for one minute then power it back up to get it to reboot.

That tells me that The gateway is probably blocking the ports that Arlo needs, (from memory I think ports 80 and 443) or has a firewall installed.

Probably you need to contact your provider's technical service department to work you through this.

The reason I asked about the LEDs is because I am trying to determine if the base is recognizing the internet.

I upgraded my internet speed yesterday which required a new modem and router, but both my Arlo base stations connected immediately.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's rather unusual that a router blocks ports unless the router is ISP-supplied and has unusual settings. Nothing about WiFi has an effect so replacing one with another should be simple. As noted, power cycling the base may help.