Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TandLelectronic
Star
Star
My Arlo pro give me the message of A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults. Well, here I am. I have removed the battery and use the wall plug. It shows a picture of a plug and works. I originally was using a solar panel and it gave me that message so i brought the camera inside to have the same message.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

can you swap a battery from a working unit... ?

see if its the battery or camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TandLelectronic
Star
Star

I cannot because I only have the one Pro camera.  I purchased my cameras when the pro wasn't available so i just got the one.

TandLelectronic
Star
Star

The battery as of today shows a 77% charge  as of yesterday it showed 83%.  But before that it was showing 0% until I physically had to unplug it from the solar panel and take the battery out.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had issues with the solar panel cable not being seated properly and letting moisture in. Removing thecable and letting everything dry completely out (all connectors on the panel, camera and cable) has fixed the problem.

If this works for you, try again with the panel, taking extreme care to properly and fully seat the cable on both ends.

TandLelectronic
Star
Star

I went out and brought another Arlo pro, the price has dropped drastically, yea. I change out everything except the camera and I get the same message.  It is late so I will sync my new camera up to the base station and see what happen tomorrow.  

The funny part is this seems to happen after the latest firmware update.  And I was unable to reset it until I returned to my vacation home where this camera is installed 900 miles away and remove the battery that was showing 0% until I reinstalled it and then it showed 83%