Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

video quality and battery usage

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When I go to video settings on any camera, the video quality battery usage slider will not allow me to move it. It's stuck in the middle of the scale.

There is no power management option with 3 settings as mentioned here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-change-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro-W...

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First... what OS and device are you using ?

If possible, try it on another device like a PC.  At the very least, also try a power button reboot ( turn off the n on, wait 2-3 mins for it to come up )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Windows 10 PC. Tried Chrome, Edge and IE.

While I appreciate the reply, I'm getting a little tired of most replies to a problem from everyone including a reboot or power cycle of the base. 

Surely Netgear can come up with a product that's properly beta tested before being released on the public?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You should reach out to Netgear via a trouble ticket... if your problem is an unknown, then they will get a chance to fix it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I note that the slider has to be grabbed to move, not clicking in the bar.  At least, that's what's worked for me.

BTW, while I agree that a base station restart really shouldn't be needed, it is what it is and it helps a significant number of times.  I'm from a hardware background - software is a necessary evil and needs a kick in the arse occasionally.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I was trying to grab the slider. Turns out that there are only 3 positions for it. 

Center, far left and far right. Unless you make the motion with the mouse as if you are dragging it all the way left or right then it just stays put. No incremental movement. I really don't know why they choose to use a slider as the UI instead of check boxes.

THe instructions in the link I posted need to be updated.

I come from both a hardware and software background (I do for the AT&T forums what you guys do here) and yes now and again the 3 fingered salute on the keyboard or the power button does need to come to the rescue. It just seems that for the Arlo, this needs to be done multiple times in the same installation. By the nature of the product the base is often remote to the user so not very practical.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes..there are only three choices... best video, best combo, less video( best battery ) that's it.