used arlo base station does not work

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JesisLovesYou
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a used base station from Ebay since my original broke.  I tried setting it up and when it did not work I contacted Arlo support and they said original owner  has to disconnect it.  I contacted the seller and they sell a lot of these and they said they never had this problem and for me to call Netgear.  I tried that and they make it very difficult to get product support help unless it is within 90 days of purchasing a new product.  Any suggestions on how to get this used Arlo base station unlocked?  Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo bases are locked to the account of the owner.... They must be removed from the account using "Remove Device" before another user can add them to a new account.

Arlo , TMK , will not assist in the removal from an account as they prob can not verify it is legit with the new user.

I would contact the seller to see if they can send you a new unit for swap of the first one.

If the seller isn't willing to help, your prob on your own.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JesisLovesYou
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JesisLovesYou wrote:

I contacted the seller and they sell a lot of these 

FWIW, then they should know better than to tell you to call Netgear.  Netgear sold off Arlo back in 2018.

Anyway, the best option is to return (or perhaps exchange) the base with the seller.  If you exchange it, note the serial number first, just in case they send you back the same one.