Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

too cold to use camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
trikefreak
Tutor
Tutor

Your camera needs to warm up before you can use it.

That's the message I'm getting for one camera outside. Another is half covered with snow, and another on the face of my shop. This one in question is up inside an awning. Do I need to return it for one that works properly? It's currently 7 degrees outside, and tonight the windchill is expected to be -20.

2 REPLIES 2
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I would open a ticket and report this. This is a thread open already on this. Maybe the more people that report it, the. It will hopefully be removed.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

trikefreak wrote:

Your camera needs to warm up before you can use it.

That's the message I'm getting for one camera outside. Another is half covered with snow, and another on the face of my shop. This one in question is up inside an awning. Do I need to return it for one that works properly? It's currently 7 degrees outside, and tonight the windchill is expected to be -20.

First, "Wind chill" doesn't effect Arlo cameras only really people...

Second, Yes... put in a trouble ticket.  The spec call for usage to -4 F / -20c .... 7 F is to warm to have this problem.

Operating temperature

-4° to 113° F (-20° C to 45° C)

I think it may be the battery pack, not the camera AND it may only be SW related as safety factor

I just ran a test of the PRO and had my camera in the freezer at -4 F for 4 hours before it gave that messg and later tried it again without th battery and it pass over  10 hrs of -4F before I pulled it out.....

Read the thrread;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Will-Arlo-Pro-be-damaged-below-the-rated-temperature-range...

follow up;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Low-temperatures/m-p/1188605

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------