Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 40 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
bambaveira
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the system for a week and have had multiple issues, on both the Armed and custom mode: 

1) lost the ability to "save" after I tried to change -then do the following- Record video 

2) rules keep on resetting to "do nothing" after motion is detected at random times, have not found out a trigger or cause

3) receive notifications about motion but cannot find video 

4) "turn on siren" sometimes desapperars as an option in rules

these are happening to multiple cameras.

Iphone 6s: iOS 10.1

Camera firmware: 1.089.0.0_9605

Camera Hardware H7

hub hardware: VMB4000r3

firmware 1.8.2_93222

Signal to all devices: excellent 

Setting: outdoor 

Weather: 79F-90F

direct sunlight: No

number or cameras: 4 

******* will return devices if no solution is found, spent 700 on this POS *** any recommnendation on alternative? 

40 REPLIES 40
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am having similar issues with the rules on both phone and computer.

Dropdowns disappear for me and I am not getting multiple cameras to trigger when one camera senses motion.

I would wait.

They will have a software update I'm sure.

rich18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  When creating new rule on the phone, sometimes there is no options for push notification vs email (only email is allowed).  Then after creating the rule, when you look at it on the phone the checkboxes for push notification / email are not there.

When you log on the computer and look at it, you can see the email/push notification options.

bambaveira
Aspirant
Aspirant
I took all the camera's down today. Removed the battey and re-synced them.

Issue continues to happen. The most alarming to me, no pun intended is that the setting to "do nothing" keeps on being selected on it's own on all the cameras.

I basically have 4 webcams so I can watch my yard, what a waste.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I hear where you're coming from.

The software is glitchy and without it running 100%, the cameras will not work as they should.

Hopefully Netgear get this solved soon, otherwise sales will suffer, especially with more choices being available out there.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Yes.  This is a very serious (aka SHOWSTOPPER) problem that Netgear needs to fix YESTERDAY!  It would be nice to hear from the head of software engineering that this is their top priority and they are working around the clock on the fix.

Please let us know what is happening!

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

I had the same issue over the weekend.  I made a posting about issue with iOS.

I ended up removing the application from the iOS device, reset all setting via the web portal, and then reinstalled the application on my iPhone and iPad.

I had the same issue with some of the functions going missing on the app.  All of my cameras went to "do nothing" without me making any changes.  There is definately an issue with the iOS application.

Hope they come out with a fix soon. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Great hint!

i just changed the mode settings on my MacBook Air with Safari and now they work fine on my iOS app!  I did not delete the app, I just changed the settings on my Mac and that seems to have fixed my iOS app problem...at least for now.  I even adjusted the setting on the iOS app and checked it on my Mac.  That all worked.

i wonder if it is something as simple as having failed to initialize variables properly on the iOS app.  People who initially set the cameras up with their iOS apps, may be the only people experiencing the problems!

migman_2001 wrote:

I had the same issue over the weekend.  I made a posting about issue with iOS.

I ended up removing the application from the iOS device, reset all setting via the web portal, and then reinstalled the application on my iPhone and iPad.

I had the same issue with some of the functions going missing on the app.  All of my cameras went to "do nothing" without me making any changes.  There is definately an issue with the iOS application.

Hope they come out with a fix soon. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app is available in the app store (2.2.1). After updating to the latest app version, are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I just checked mine.  The app updated to V2.2.1 on my iPad on 11/11.  I checked my rules and found that all of my previously established rules for my Arlo Pro cameras were reset to not record.  I clicked on the record radio button to enable recording, but no "pencil" graphic appears on the right side of the row, so I can't drop down the slider to change the recording time.

When I check the rules on my standard Arlo cameras, they all work fine.

Note that I had changed the Arlo Pro rules using my Mac several days ago and they were set properly when I subsequently revised the rules on my iPad using the prior version of the mobile app.  I'll pull out my Mac and try changing the rules again on the Mac to see we if that triggers the proper action on the iPad app like it did previously.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I downloaded the latest version and it seems to be working better.

Thanks,

Dave

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Ok.  I'm pretty sure I saved my setting as "record" on my iOS app, but when I used safari on my Mac to look at the rule, it was set to do nothing,  After touching the rule with my Mac, the slider appeared when I went back to my iPad app.  I then set the rule record and moved the slider to 20s for recording on motion.  I was able to go back and forth between the two devices, make and save changes on one platform and they were reflected on the other platform when went back.

Since this is a one way door in terms of testing, I think you'd need a fresh account to see the problem I saw originally, but it appears to work after roughing the rules on my Mac.  However, I had this working previously and it all disappeared when the new version of the iOS app was loaded on my iPad.  So I'll have to keep an eye on it.  In both cases, I had to touch I on my Mac to get the "pencil" to show up on the iOS app.

AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have confirmed this still happens and I logged a case today...here is my text for my case.

This is in reference to what happens under the iOS app after activating a new Arlo Pro camera.

A newly activated Pro camera creates a rule that does not turn on recording when motion is detected. It is possible to select the radio button for recording manually, but once that is done, there is no pencil icon on the right side. As a result, it is not possible to adjust the duration of the recording on motion.

However, if I touch this rule on my MacBook, I can see the icon on the right of the record motion action and I can adjust the recording duration. Once I have done that on my MacBook, I can then see the pencil icon on my iOS app and I can adjust it properly.

The development group needs to know this so they can fix it. This is an odd problem that disappears after the rule is touched on MacOS, so it may be hard for them to debug.

to see this problem...activate a new Arlo Pro and check the rule on the "Armed" mode for the new camera.  Click on "record video" (which defaults to not checked) and then see what I'm talking about here.

bmw3369
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue. Have had the system for about a week now. Notice that the mode changes all by itself to "do nothing" when I had all the cameras set to record on motion. I have set it with the app and with my computer and it doesn't seem to matter which platform I use. Can't figure out what is causing this. I set and save and then later in the day I check since I had not gotten any notifications and low and behold all the settings have changed back to do nothing! This is a deal breaker on this system if not resolved. I see this has been happening since November and this is January so worried that I may have to return this which I don't want to since everything else about the system is really nice and simple. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmw3369,

Consider uninstalling the Arlo app and download a fresh version from the app store. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have same issue I hit mode record video there no pencil I can't edit 10-120sec even unstall the app reinstall app problem goes away it come back same issue setting are bricked.
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you have a PC of some sort, login to Arlo.netgear.com using the browser interface and adjust the rules there.  Once you have done that, you should be able to adjust them on your mobile device as well.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
I use the web browser adjust setting i can able adjust the setting rule 1-120 sec, for while then I check the app again it revert to same problem so yea setting rule camera setting are bricked app deleport is far behind fixing the issues
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

pcuser12345 wrote:
I use the web browser adjust setting i can able adjust the setting rule 1-120 sec, for while then I check the app again it revert to same problem so yea setting rule camera setting are bricked app deleport is far behind fixing the issues

That happened to me a few times.  I attributed it to new versions of the app being updated.  Once I touched the rules again, I was ok.  I have not seen this for a while now.  If you haven't tried deleting the app and reloading it from the App Store, you should try that.  I think it will delete any app data on the phone and start fresh.

bmw3369
Guide
Guide
Thanks All. I have adjusted the settings on my MacBook through the website interface and then deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled app on my phone and still having the same issue of it not keeping the modes that I entered. I even started having a new issue where I would get a motion alert for one camera but when I looked in library it was recording from different camera. Sure enough when I checked mode settings it actually changed which camera to record from!
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

bmw3369 wrote:
Thanks All. I have adjusted the settings on my MacBook through the website interface and then deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled app on my phone and still having the same issue of it not keeping the modes that I entered. I even started having a new issue where I would get a motion alert for one camera but when I looked in library it was recording from different camera. Sure enough when I checked mode settings it actually changed which camera to record from!

Very odd.  Have you ever granted permissions to anyone else who could be messing with you?  Likely not, but it just a thought.  Also which mobile platform are you using.  My experience is limited to iOS.

If you have not already done so, you should submit a case.  It isn't easy,  The Netgear support site (like so many support sites these days) requires a trip through a labarynthn to fine the magic door through which to enter a case, but it can be done.  I have three pending cases currently.  The slider issue is one of them.

bmw3369
Guide
Guide
Thanks iOS 10.2. No I have never granted permissions but it does feel like someone is messing with me. Haha I will see if it keeps doing this today and if so try to open a case. Appreciate your suggestion.
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good luck!

I've experienced the missing pencil and slider problem, but not the "different camera" problem.  That's interesting.

Of course, it may be technically possible for Netgear to have messed up keys on their tables in their database...They have tables somewhere....on the camera, base station, in the cloud or some combination of the three.  If they keys got messed up, behavior would be very weird.

Slono
Guide
Guide

I have all the problems listed above as well.  I only have 2 open tickets, and both I would assume are hardware related.  I would have about 12 open  tickets right now if I decided to submit all problems.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mode-> Record video-> pencil missing randomly setting are bricked