Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

replacing Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sbkdemmy56
Follower
Follower

These cameras are now obsolete which ones do i replace them with And can i use the same mounts and chargers or does everything have to be new????

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sbkdemmy56 wrote:

These cameras are now obsolete 

True, but they should continue to work, so there is no need to rush to replace them.

@sbkdemmy56 wrote:

And can i use the same mounts and chargers or does everything have to be new????

The magnetic mounts aren't compatible with current Arlo cameras, but the screw mounts would still be fine.

Also, the Pro charge will charge current cameras.

@sbkdemmy56 wrote:

These cameras are now obsolete which ones do i replace them with 

One thing is that you will need a subscription for cloud storage.  The Pro / Pro 2 cameras came with 7 days of free cloud storage.  None of the current cameras have that feature.

Another is you need to decide if you want to connect the camera to your current hub, or whether you want to connect it directly to your home wifi.  

The least expensive option is one of the Essential cameras.  One drawback is that the battery isn't replaceable - making it impossible to restart the cameras by removing/reinserting the battery.

The other common choice is the Pro 4.  The main difference between the Pro 3 and the Pro 4 is that the Pro 3 can only be connected to a compatible hub - the Pro 4 can be connected either to a hub or your home wifi.