Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

random white squares

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

What's with the random whites squares that show up, never in the same spot, when we play/watch a video from library? 
They are about 3"x2" blocks. Sometimes they will be over the top left of screen, then maybe the top right of screen where the 'x' is to close the video. Been seeing these randomly for about 2 weeks now. The videos are fine but they just block out parts of the screen.

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you using the chrome browser, I have been getting this on other web sites in the last week or so.
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Yes we are on Chrome.  We aren't on anything but Arlo usually on this desktop so I don't know about other sites. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
It looks like chrome has broken something with hardware acceleration so disabling it should remove the white boxes.
Of course this will stop you viewing HD video so you may need to use edge instead.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
Of course this will stop you viewing HD video so you may need to use edge instead.

It might not.  The Pro is only 720p, so the software decoder in Chrome might well be fast enough to render the videos.

Though just switching to Edge for a while is a reasonable option.  I use it routinely for Arlo, since it will play 4K HEVC, and have no problem with it.