Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Arlo is unavaiilable" while setting up - Can't find a solution.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ksh
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a set of Wireless Alro Pro cameras, and after following the setup instructions (connect to the network, plug in, ensure all lights on base are green), I attempted registration (on Saturday night).

I registered my email and new credentials and got to the "Discover Device" screen. It found my device and I named it. After clicking continue, it gave me some terms to accept. Once accepted, the terms closed and it showed me the "Discover Device" screen again. This time, with the following message: "We're sorry. Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

From this point, I went to "Get Support" and clicked "Contact Support". I was unable to choose a live chat option, due to "Your chat request has been canceled because no agents are available." (Received this message on Sunday morning.)

From there, I went to "Drop us a line." As my registration did not appear to work, I attempted to register the email I previously tried in the initial setup to send an email to support. "This email address is already registered. Please select a different email address." Then, I tried to login. It continued to give me an error saying my credentials didn't match. After several attempts, it worked. I could finally get to "Drop us a line." (Documenting this part as to explain completly the issues I encountered.)

After seeing that my login finally worked, I logged back into arlo.netgear.com to try to register my account again. I was able to get to "Discover Device" again, accepted the terms... and again received "We're sorry. Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later." 

I've tried this whole process for two days now, on Google Chrome, IE and Android App. Attempted registering two different emails. All the lights on the base are on. Network connected. Plugged into wall. I've seen many community posts on this issue, which do not seem to have a documented resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ksh
Tutor
Tutor

After trying everything under the sun - factory reset, different browsers, contacting support - I finally was able to setup my cameras. Solution - REGISTER YOUR DEVICE.

Once I registered the device via NetGear, the cameras synced great.

Hopefully, if the process isn't working for you and you stumbled on this post, this resolution will help your headache too! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ksh
Tutor
Tutor

I chose my model type when posting, but do not see it in the OP. I have Arlo PRO Wireless - VMC4030.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'd suggest contacting support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. There seems to be some server issues going on recently.
ksh
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, jguerdat, for the response. I figured it wouldn't hurt to submit an email as well once the form started working for me. I had tried to find info on server issues but didn't see any updates via their Twitter.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'm not sure you'll ever see such an issue posted publicly. Bad PR...
ksh
Tutor
Tutor

True, but not helpful when users need support. Robot tongue

ksh
Tutor
Tutor

After trying everything under the sun - factory reset, different browsers, contacting support - I finally was able to setup my cameras. Solution - REGISTER YOUR DEVICE.

Once I registered the device via NetGear, the cameras synced great.

Hopefully, if the process isn't working for you and you stumbled on this post, this resolution will help your headache too!