Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
IDGUY
Guide
Guide

Purchased a Arlo Pro system with 4 cameras about 3 weeks ago to use as a security system, while I'm away on an impending trip.   Tried to set it up today and can't even set them up on an account.  Keep getting "Arlo is currently unavailable" on both my android phone using the app, and on windows. I came here and searched and see others with the same complaint, even after the system is setup.

Very unhappy. I have used Nestcams/Dropcams for more than 3 years at my other home, never had problems with connecting.  I have also been using several Homeboy cameras at my business.  Also, never had a problem connecting through the app.

I purchased this system with thought to replacing all of my other cameras, based on their low bandwidth usage, outdoor ability, and the free cloud recording. If these cameras are intended for use as security cameras, any inability to connect is totally unacceptable.

I am past the 15 day return window for Best Buy, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time here, given the problem seems at least somewhat common.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Probably stating the obvious, but have you made sure that your computer or phone is on the same network as the base?

What lights are showing on the base?

• Connect the Base Station to your router using an Ethernet cable.
  •  
    Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet.
  •  
    Press the On-Off button on the back of the Base Station and wait until the Power and Internet icons are lit green.
  •  
    Make sure your mobile device/computer is on the same network as the Router.
IDGUY
Guide
Guide

Yes, I followed instructions.  About 5 minutes ago I tried setting up the account and it let me. Setting up cameras now.  Still concerend about any future inability to connect with the app.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK well done. It must have just been a quirk. I have been running mine for a few months now and have never had an access problem either locally using my phone or PC or while away using data or wifi. I have two Pros , an Arlo wire free and an Arlo Q all working perfectly using the same app.

A bunch of helpful folks here, just post if you have any issues.

IDGUY
Guide
Guide

Thank you, I appreciate it.  Couldn't connect all morning, on android or PC.  Just frustrating on a device used for security.  Hopefully that's the only time it happens. 

Jaw85
Initiate
Initiate
I just got th e wireless system and every time I try to sign in it says currently unavailable. I did hours of research and ended up with thsee cameras, the last thing I wanted was to buy something that I can't use. Next door got vandalised, had stuff stolen from my front porch, broken bottles all over my driveway and yard, tire slashed....I got these cameras to catch the punks responsible for all this senseless damage, and now all I seem to have is a paper weight
IDGUY
Guide
Guide

You might want to start your own thread, rather than posting in this one.  Maybe if there's enough separate threafs on the issue they'll fix it.

Good luck.

calkire78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Currently unavailable...I have the same problem. The people at Best Buy allowed me to connect to their system with two separate Arlo pro systems with phone and computer and got the same currently unavailable...they were stumped...suggested I wait a few days and try again...maybe the network has crashed and unless I am missing something it seems impossible to contact Arlo.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try using the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages?

julusmoen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought this system to Day, and im not availble to log in or creat user, if this is a problem i have turn it back and get my money back. Solveig the problem for god sake. I use Android.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have not been able to reproduce any issues logging in.

For this involved in this discussion, is anyone still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

julusmoen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get this message I am open the app when close type of arlo and the the message pops up. It will not connect, its finding my box, and there it stop.
julusmoen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now I've got registry device and account, when I log in via app Mobile Android, it finds your device, select your device name, press submit, then I get the error message
julusmoen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem solved, had to register the unit first, and then hard reset of the unit, and then begin from the start again. And then sync the unit with the cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand a small number of users are experiencing an issue with device registration. The engineering team is working hard to provide a resolution. I will post an update as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

JamesC

lprk94
Aspirant
Aspirant

a few members? there are dozens of these posts over the past few YEARS...very dissapointed.. trying to register a new product myself .. wil try resetting base as someone suggestetd. doesn't work on pixel or on my laptop...smh...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

JeffAnn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem I can't connect.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JeffAnn,

Can you provide more detail on the issue you are experiencing? Have you complete the new system set up process? What errors are you seeing?

JamesC