Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JonS1
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello all,

recently purchased an arlo pro system from Sams club. came with 1 arlo pro camera, 1 doorbell and chime. i set everything up and it works well. coming from the oldest arlo system. i was able to pair my other 4 cameras so i was happy to be able to do this. However i cannot turn on the siren. i called tech support and they said the vmb3500 doesnt have a siren. Which cant be right. the lady wasnt knowledgeable at all and wanted to get off the phone. The box says there is a siren right on it. can someone help me with this. ive looked, everywhere. i have no blue icon, and no grey bar on the app. does anyone have that base station and have the siren?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@JonS1 

On the Devices page of your app, at the top right corner of the screen, do you see a red circle with a shield and an exclamation point. Too many customers complained about the gray bar so it was changed.

Brian

JonS1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do have that however it only says call friend or e911. Neither do I have access to because I only have the basic membership.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, the Pro systems don't come with a VMB3500 base - it should be a VMB4000. The 3500 is small and round, the 4000 is an upright tower. Verify that you have the right system.

JonS1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I definitely have the round one here is the link in the photograph It is labeled as a pro system

https://m.samsclub.com/ip/arlo-pro-hd-wire-free-camera-plus-audio-doorbell-chime/prod22524845?xid=pl...
brh
Master
Master

After doing some research this is what I found out. This is not what we refer to as the Pro system, (VMS4000). It is an updated version of the original Wire Free HD system, (previously the VMB3000). It does not have a built in siren.

Brian

JonS1
Aspirant
Aspirant
It said siren on the box. So it’s false advertisement and I got had. Lol.
brh
Master
Master

@JonS1 

I don't own this model base, but possibly it was referring to the doorbell that can possibly act as a siren. Please send a picture of the box.

Also, does it say anything about activating a siren in the manual?

Brian

JonS1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll take a picture when I get home. I was able to utilize the chime as a make shift siren while playing around setting in the modes as an alert when motion is detected. However the siren sounds muffled big time. Doesn’t even sound like a siren. It sounds horribly muffled. So I wouldn’t recommend using it unless I possibly got a bad chime? Also you can’t activate the siren remotely like with the other systems. I’m going to take it back to sams and just get a standard arlo pro system with the newest base station.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @JonS1,

Adding onto brh's comment, the Round Base Station (VMB3500) is a newer design and the functionality between the original Arlo Wire-Free Base Station (VMS3230) is the same. It is different with the Arlo Pro Base Station (VMB4000) so it will not have the siren included.