Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

I installed the n300 model WN3000RPv3 wifi extender. I had to put in the (password) for our laptops and smartphones when I installed it.My question is does the Arlo Pro cameras automatically connect to the wifi extender or do I have to re-sync each camera to the main router? I don't think the cameras reconize the new ext. because 1 camera still shows 2 bars instead of the full 3 bars strong which is only about 10 feet from the ext.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlos and Arlo Pros do not connect to the extender at all... only to the base.

Tho to give best signal to all the cameras, you can plug a base unit into the extender ( if it has a ethernet port ) and centrally locate the base unit.

OR if you can get another , you can run two bases ( no limit on account ) , one at the main AP, the other off of an extender .(* mine that two bases are separate and must be armed/scheduled each to their own )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlos and Arlo Pros do not connect to the extender at all... only to the base.

Tho to give best signal to all the cameras, you can plug a base unit into the extender ( if it has a ethernet port ) and centrally locate the base unit.

OR if you can get another , you can run two bases ( no limit on account ) , one at the main AP, the other off of an extender .(* mine that two bases are separate and must be armed/scheduled each to their own )

Morse is faster than texting!
chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

I connected the arlo pro base to the WN3000RPv3 wifi extender using an ethernet cord. My question is ...shoud the green light to the right of the ethernet cord blink? Sometimes it blinks 4 times and stops for a second and blinks 3 times or blinks mormal every second for a few seconds etc. very sporatic. Smart phones and laptops work fine and my cameras work fine but the sporatic green light blinking does not seem normal. Is it normal?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The PORT LED may well blink at irregular times - that simply indicates network activity.  The Internet LED on the front of the base should be a constant green regardless of activity.

chuck159
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks jguerdat, Problem solved!