Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

multi camera recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bigtahuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Alro Pro , tryinig to have two camera record at once , if one camera triggers motion ,,, { if the following happens } , { then do the following } . can we add an addition { then do the following } . exmple , like can we have multi camers recording at once ? i hope this make sense of what i am trying to explain .. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. This is exactly what I do for my driveway. I have 2 cameras at 90 degrees to each other.

First, create a custom MODE

Then make rules where Camera A detects motion and Camera A records for 40 seconds

Camera B detects motion and Camera B records for 40 seconds

Camera A detects motion and Camera B records for 60 seconds
Camera B detects motion and Camera A records for 60 seconds.

This gives good recording coverage but also when you see both recordings, you can look at the durations and see which camera was the one that first registered the motion detection.

Don't forget to adjust the motion sensitivity for each camera to suit the area it's covering. I recommend you turn it up to 100 and turn it down 1 as you get false alerts until you get to a sweet spot of recording everything you need it to record without having too many recordings of trees moving in the wind etc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. This is exactly what I do for my driveway. I have 2 cameras at 90 degrees to each other.

First, create a custom MODE

Then make rules where Camera A detects motion and Camera A records for 40 seconds

Camera B detects motion and Camera B records for 40 seconds

Camera A detects motion and Camera B records for 60 seconds
Camera B detects motion and Camera A records for 60 seconds.

This gives good recording coverage but also when you see both recordings, you can look at the durations and see which camera was the one that first registered the motion detection.

Don't forget to adjust the motion sensitivity for each camera to suit the area it's covering. I recommend you turn it up to 100 and turn it down 1 as you get false alerts until you get to a sweet spot of recording everything you need it to record without having too many recordings of trees moving in the wind etc

bigtahuna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you , Perfect , That did it , Thanks for the help ..