Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
cdrollins
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an intruder coming into our patio at night and cutting a hose to our pool--we purchased the Arlo Pro 2 days ago and it has not caught them either of the last 2 nights. We have 3 cameras set up and have tested the cameras/motion detection at dusk and they are working perfectly at that time. We have sensitivity increased to 100%. Any ideas/suggestions why it is not capturing our intruder? One camera is set to capture the gate/entrance. One is set towards hose being cut. And, the final camera is set to capture the walkway between entrance and hose. Betweeen the 3 they encompass our entire patio area. We have tested the possible action and the very quickest it could be occuring from entrance to exit is about 35 seconds. 

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you confirmed that the "running Man" is Black over each camera when armed ( motion detect on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
cdrollins
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry I'm not following-what do you mean by "black over eaxh camera when armed?"
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
In the Devices tab there's a running Man icon for each camera. Black means the camera is armed, gray means disarmed. Check the selected mode in the Mode tab and make sure that Armed or a custom mode you may have created is selected and set appropriately.
cdrollins
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh yes thank you for the clarification. yes all 3 cameras are armed. a train runs behind our house and the camera picks up the train when it runs in the middle of the night, and it picked up my husband and i when we test it at dusk--that's why we don't understand why it's not picking up the intruder.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to increse you SENSE level at night...some others have done this... What is it set on now ?

( you can use custom modes, with higher sense level at night , called NIGHT and lower in day called DAY )

Morse is faster than texting!
cdrollins
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you--we have already turned the sensitivity up to 100%. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the motion is slow enough and/or at a distance, detection could be difficult.  What's the distance you're trying to monitor?

PattyInTheSun
Star
Star

Did you get anywhere with this question?

I have a similar problem with neighborhood vandalism and the motion detector simply doesn't work at night.

We have no train to deal with, I have sensitivity set to 100, things are missing or destroyed in the morning and there's no video.

I think the whole system is just offline whenever I'm not signed in. And since one gets automatically kicked off about every 15 to 20 minutes, not sure what to do.

I hope you got it figured out.

If you did, can you please share?

Thanks so much!

cdrollins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately we still have not caught our vandal -- our cameras are going off at night--they catch me when I take the dogs out after dark, they catch the train, they even catch the movement of the palms on my patio when the wind is blowing but still haven't caught the person cutting the pool hose. It's so frustrating. We now have 4 cameras back there. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's always a Q camera with CVR. With some care it coul be mounted outdoors in a protected manner.