Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

live stream freezing and glitch on arlo PRO

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jyfarmer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Arlo pro- 4 camera system. I have had it for about a year and a half. When I try to live stream the video it works good for about 3 seconds and then starts to glitch. It does this on all 4 cameras. it works great when the system is armed and records the video. Just on live stream is when it messes up. I have tried to put all cameras next to the Arlo base station, but no change. I have contacted support on the phone, but they were no help. I have reset the whole system and re synced the cameras. The internet speed is good and connections are also good. I have tried changing wifi channels, but still no change. When the system was new, it worked fine. The problem happens on all my devices, iPhone, ipad, and HP laptop. Does anyone have any ideas that could help me. Thank you! Firmware:1.11.9.0_26520 Model: VMB4000
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use the phone on cell service or WiFi awa from the house? What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net?

jyfarmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

ping is 12 ms

download 16.5 mbps

upload 1.0 mbps

speed test was using speedtest.net

jyfarmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

does not matter if phone is on network or wifi. still sampe problem

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would guess it's the slow upload speed. 1Mbps is marginal - should work for one Pro camera but...

jyfarmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand. I guess at least it works as it should on the recording video part. Thats the most important thing. Thank you for checking into it. Going to leave the discussion open a little longer before i marked solved. See if anyone else is having the same issue.