Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Star

iOS app badges will not go away

Arlo Pro

Could not find anything besides this https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/iOS-app-badge-app-icon-problem/m-p/1507886 on the community.

I have around 1200 incorrect badges (unwatched recordings) stuck to my arlo app (latest ios, latest app). This is nothing new. Ive had this problem for a long time. Months or a year or more.

If I open the app the badges go away, then after a short while they come back. I do not have 1200 missed recordings.
Its like the ones I do not bother to watch and removed after 7 days does not clear the badge perhaps?

Even if I clear all recordings I have the past 7 days the badges just counting up from day to day. 
I have granted access to my wife, she has around 350 badges that wont go away. Or they go away for a short time after she has opened the app but then comes back.

How can I clear them since the arlo app for some reason do not work 100% with this.
I can always disable badges in ios settings but would rather have this working.

Message 1 of 2
Arlo Moderator

Re: iOS app badges will not go away

Hey @Linusl,

Our development team is aware about the issue where the iOS Arlo app badge doesn't go away or reset and is investigating this issue. We'll be sure to update the community once we hear any new information or update. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Message 2 of 2