Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how to turn off firmware update for arlo pro VMS4230

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ClintonU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, anybody know how to turn off automatic update notification for camera? Nag screen keeps popping up and will not let me see the video. Camera is at a remote site and is running off of USB for power which may explain why it does not update. I would still like to use camera with current firmware but app and web interface does not allow me to.  If anybody know of a setting which prevents the pop up from appearing greatly appreciate it.

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Strange that you can enough bandwidth to access the cameras but not enough to update. Pretty sure you have to do the update

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no way to turn off the nag screen....

working ng outside the box already, have you tried to reboot the base remotely...that's how you force an update

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ClintonU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, tried power cycling both camera and base but update did not go through. I assume power cycling has same effect as reboot.   camera is mounted at a difficult location to access and it does not have battery. Not having battery allows me to power cycle easily. Thanks for the input though.  Just really annoying that I cannot use the camera until firmware  is up to date.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes.. that is one of the issues running from the usb port that was designed really for flashing the cam.

You would be better off with wiring to terminals internally ( all four neeed wiring, at aprox 8.5v ) and run a pigtail coaxial connector for removal when needed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomMac, this is for a Pro, not the original.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

oops ...oh well, sorry

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ClintonU,

What is the signal strength like for this camera? It could be failing to update due to poor signal strength. Try bringing it close to the base station and see if you get different results.

JamesC

ClintonU
Aspirant
Aspirant

10 feet with line of sight through window. camera is mounted on balcony.  Basestation is wired ethernet.  Signal strength is strong and I never had conneciton problem.  I suspect it is not updating because I mounted camera without the battery to allow easy power cycling remotely.  It is just annoying that web/app does not allow camera use without being forced to update. As a side note, I can see camera as long as I go though the motion of updating firmware with resulting camera rejecting the update but I lose about couple of minutes every time.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

What internet connection speeds does your base get? www.speedtest.net when you're on site