Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how much time between recordings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bbehrendt
Follower
Follower

What is the time it takes between recordings, if there is constant movement?   I am OK with non-constant movement recording, but I would expect that after the 10 seconds of recording, if there is still movement it would automatically record another 10 seconds, with only a couple seconds of delay.  For some reason, I don't seem to be picking up that continuous movement.    

I may need to move the camera, but it does seem odd that I can see myself walking toward my car, but it won't record me leaving.   But it can record when I pull back in.

-bj

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera will record for the time set in the Mode you are using.... At end of time the Pro will reset. This reset ( recently chked mine ) was about 12 secs.

After the camera resets, IF motion is still there, the record cycle starts again ,.... repeat

Adjusting the lenght of record time is important for the location / type of activity you except to se

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
duncanator
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's good to know because it will record when my dog starts to bark. If he is still barking when the recording stops, I do not see any more recordings after that.  So what you're saying is that if it doesn't start recording again 12 seconds later, I can assume that he is no longer triggering the record on audio detection?

Do you know where this is documented? Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you know where this is documented? Thanks!

No..it is not in writing if that's what you need.... Just can say from over two years of use, this is how it functions.

You could always contact Netgear support if you need a confirmation of the issue.
Morse is faster than texting!