Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 6 camera system case28140191

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LuckyRed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every day I leave with 3 green lights on and a functioning system, but every day i try to view remotely, away from the property they are set up, without fail it suddenly says my system is offline when it isnt? Every day! I've done every ridiculous thing recommended to no avail. Now when I call, if it's on, they tell me it appears to be functioning correctly. When it's off, they tell me they can't access it and to reboot it. I spent close to $1k on this system, to see things when I'm not there. If I need to reboot the damn thing every day but I'm not there, what good is it? This seems to be a known problem. Please tell me the fix, or tell me there is a known problem that doesn't have a fix. Just stop with the run around. I was told a manager was going to call 3 times now, for 2 weeks. To add insult to injury, netgear charged me 16 dollars for no reason anyone can explain. What kind of joke is this place? Do I need to start contacting corporate directly to get CS to do their jobs? 

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you please post a screenshot of a speedtest.net test?

LuckyRed
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will when i get home, but assume it will range 14-20 download and 1.5-2.5 upload. I dont remember latency but its good. Any concerns there, because when i communicated this to sales before purchasing they told me 10 and 1 was adequate. Thank you
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From your speed mentioned , that shouldn't be an issue. And the Base shouldn't be dropping out every day.

But What I would ask is how ( what device ) you are using to access the account....  If using a phone , try a computer ( or opposite )... this would make sure its not the device your accessing with causing an issue.

Other than that, not knowing what you have tried, it's hard to give you a reason for the trouble...

Maybe if you send a PM to JamesC  who moderates the board quite a bit,  he could give some assistance to push this along

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I agree with TomMac's suggestion above. When viewing remotely, what device are you using? Do you see the same behavior when attempting to view using a different devices (PC, mobile phone, etc)? Also, what network are you using to view remotely? Public WiFi, business network, mobile data?

JamesC

LuckyRed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good thoughts but not the problem. The problem exists on every attempted device--everthing from a samsung 7 edge with perfect lte reception to a fiber connection with a 50/50 up/download speeds. Once it drops out, its gone until i reboot. Before rebooting, i check the lights and all are green, so i attempt to view from 2 other prooven devices onsite, and have the same offline status. I remote view 128, 3mp cameras through 6 hik vision nvr's live from the same devices. The viewing devices and the operator arent the problem. The arlo system is. Ive read several alike complaints with alike responces. Appears to be a known problem with no fix. Any other ideas?
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

I can only think of two things that maybe causing this at this stage.

1. The system is overheating when you establish a connection to it. OK I understand that it streams content when recording but when connected it may be using more resources. Could you test it to see if it locks up whilst recording footage by triggering some cameras a few times (do not connect via the app or computer)?

1. Either your router it ISP is blocking one of the ports that Arlo uses after a certain period of time (X seconds) and this is somehow locking the Base Station up. As cumbersome as it may be, is it possible for you to test it from a friend’s house (different ISP) and see if it locks up from there, at least then you may eliminate your router or ISP being the issues.

If you have a USB drive etc. in the back I would also remove that just in case.

Best of luck!

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!