Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide

Arlo is showing consistently offline. But I get the signal someone is at the door or in the driveway. But my cameras are offline. It does me little good if I can't see whose there.

13 REPLIES 13
brh
Master
Master

I am not sure of the question you are asking. Are the cameras in the Armed mode? You are getting notifications that motion has been detected but you don't see the videos being recorded, or are you switching to Live View and the cameras are reporting that they are offline? Are the cameras all Pro 2s?

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're getting notifications the system is working. It's your app or browser that isn't. Have you tried both? What have you tried to fix it?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

1. Are you using the Android app?
2. Does the device preview screen flash with an image for a second before showing an offline error message?
3. Does the device preview work fine in the web browser interface arlo.netgear.com

4. Did you have the cameras with the error connected to another base station previously?

brh
Master
Master

It is possible that the system is armed, but instead of the rule to record video, it is set to do nothing?

Brian

rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide

Brian, My cameras are armed. I'm getting a notification there is movement but when I check to see what's out there, the cameras say they are offline. They are both arlo 2

brh
Master
Master

There appears to be a lot of Pro 2 problems out there right now. Some people are having no problems while others are. I would contact Support directly and see if they can help you. There is a link to them at the bottom of this page.

Brian

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Your internet may have something to do with it. Weak/poor signal/thruput will make your cam offline. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're getting notifications and can see the videos in your library, the system is working. Try logging out and back in to the app and try a browser as well.

rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
It doesn't show the captured video from the alert I received. I checked it when I camr back online.
rebelsgirl
Guide
Guide
I think you may be correct.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Another thing is that if you open the library before the recording finishes, the video won't be visible. It is only accessible once the recording has finished. When it's recording, the running man icon above the camera view in the devices tab will be amber/orange. Wait til this turns black again and the recording should be in the library. When you check the library, ensure the funnel icon (filter) is empty. If the funnel is solid green, you may have a filter on that excludes seeing videos from the camera you want to see

brh
Master
Master

If you stop the recording inthe middle, for example, jumping to live view before the video has finished recording, the video will stop recording and never show up. I've done that a few times.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

brh wrote:

If you stop the recording inthe middle, for example, jumping to live view before the video has finished recording, the video will stop recording and never show up. I've done that a few times.

Brian

Previously, this has been the cause of people having 6s videos instead of the set 30s. Not sure if this action of cutting in to the recording by hitting Live View prevents any sort of recording happening at all