Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Back camera started sending alerts few hours ago... and It is sending a false alert every minute.

here is an example video: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/2144F4BD5CBC32C7_201702

It seems the camera bettery is dying very quickly..

The sensor was set to 100, I tried reducing it to 80, 60 and now this is set to 50. Still receiving false alerts..

23 REPLIES 23
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have had to clean/wipe off my camera 2x due to a spider walking around setting it off...

But if not, do a reset of the camera buy pulling the battery and replacing

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There also have been hardware issues with Pro cameras causing them to trigger due to motion and then record several times after that without motion causing it.  The only way to fix that is to open a case with support.

mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just woke up and this is still recording clips every minute. Also, it seems my account ran out of storage overnight because of constant recording. I had to shut off notifications in my phone so the App will stop troubling at night. Here is what I tried so far:

1) Tried adjusting the motion sensitivity.

2) Tried turning cam ON/OFF.

3) Tried shutting ON/OFF microphone.

I spent $765 dollars on a piece of equipment which started failing after second day of installation. This is not a good sign.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update with more information as soon as I can. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

Jaydog
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have similar issue but I don't see why it triggered in the first place. It all of a sudden captures about 10-15 clips once a minute then silent.
mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC... Any ideas if the issue is fixed already and how to get the fix?

Jaydog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it likely a hardware fix?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least for the moment, yes.  Open a case with support.

Debra1215
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is doing same thing!! Do I have to return this??
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as a solution is confirmed.

We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

SWB001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with one specific camera.  It appears it had water/condensation inside.  I dried out real well and seemed to work for about a month.  Problem is now reoccuring.  All outdoor cameras are protected from the elements as best they can be (under eaves, deck, porch, etc).  Bout looks like these are still not sealed well.

Was hoping these would be simple and easy to use, but with this issue and eating batteries like candy, looking like a wired system is best.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SWB001,

When properly closed, no condensation should get into the battery compartment of the camera. Was the camera properly closed when you discovered the issue?

JamesC

SWB001
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes - I have that camera turned off. Tried turning on again and it keeps going off every 30 sec (I have set to 30 sec recoring intervals).  I will open up battery section again and take some photos if I find moisture.  Will dry out again in rice.  If it starts working again I will move it to a different location.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SWB001,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

SWB001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying that route with no success so far. If anyone finds a solution other than scrapping these let me know.

My trouble camera showed no signs of visible moisture this time but still continues to trigger constantly even after trying drying out again.
rlds
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, I'm having the same issue with one camera starting around 12:30 today.  Have turned the sensitivity down, but no change.  Capturing a clip every minute or so.  

It is a bit windy out, but less than many other days where I don't see this issue.  There do not seem to be any critters on it (have had this issue before).  

Russell

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As the sun changes location in the sky, the reflected IR may be causing this. See if this happens at the same time every day.
JustinG
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have troubles with false notification from branches blowing in the wind. Tried a few locations but limited to where I can put the camera. Can have the camera on 5% sensitivity and will still go off on really windy days. At that sensitivity you pretty much need to stand right in front of the dam thing for it to go off. Pretty useless watching my vehicles on my driveway.
SWB001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Help has been no help.  Persons on phone are clueless and emails went nanswered.

I assume I have a bad camera and will need to replace.  Anyone else having similar issues and found a resolution?

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

You may have to give up.......either on the location or the camera. I know at times that's the only option. Took me over a month's worth of trying and retrying, until one day I said "enough of this ssssstuff" and just moved the $&@/?!" elsewhere.

Some time there aren't other options.

Good luck!

rizcorp
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a week of ownership 1 camera was alerting every 5 min. I reset the camera,  removed it from the system then re-synced it. After that the motion sensor stopped working. Exchange it for new camera.. Lets see how it goes.

tooslow455
Aspirant
Aspirant

WRT: As the sun changes location in the sky, the reflected IR may be causing this. See if this happens at the same time every day.

This seems to be happening in my case.  I'm going to move the camera and see if the problem goes away.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another possibility is to create custom modes with different sensitivities that you can then schedule for different time periods.