Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

extra battery

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jeheard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed that you can order an extra battery for the Arlo pro however how do you charge it??? or do you have to charge it by taking the camera down and charging through the camera..........................If this is the case then what is the point of having an extra battery, just use the one in the camera.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You either need to charge in camera or get one of these that can charge 2 spares at a time

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-pro/charging-station.aspx

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

jeheard wrote:

I noticed that you can order an extra battery for the Arlo pro however how do you charge it??? or do you have to charge it by taking the camera down and charging through the camera..........................If this is the case then what is the point of having an extra battery, just use the one in the camera.

Good point.. Extra battery makes sense when you do have the charger which is sold separately of course.. so you'll have to purchase both to help avoid downtime. Or run a power/data-USB cable if accessible.. Whichever that can save you money is good..

I also wonder why Arlo is selling a Battery with Power/USB cable? what is the Power/USB cable for? when I already have it? so if I want to purchase the Power/USB cable only, I'd have to purchase the battery also? Why not sold it separately with less $$?