Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

end of life arlo pro vmc 4030, how many cameras per base station? per account?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HelloTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Secure works well.

Arlo Pro with vmb 4000 works well.

Arlo Pro with vmb 4500 not working. 

Arlo q works and I think it is independent of the base stations.

Is there limit to how many cameras can work with app?  per account?

I have two locations work and home.  I haven't used the work location for quite a while.

Now i tried to start the work again and I get failure.

Home has vmb 4000 with 4 arlo pros.  Also I have a Arlo q at home.

At work i tried to get the vmb 4500 working with 2 arlo pros and i get message on app that says i need a subscription.

Is the problem that the app only allows 5 cams?

Is the onboarding deadline a problem?

Can I get the arlo pros to work at the office without a subscription?

Is it a fools game to buy any working arlo pros because of end of life makes them able to install?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Withe the legacy cameras ( pro/pro2/Q/etc ) and a free account you can have only 5 cameras. ( exception was a 6 pack of cameras sold which allows 6 )

The Q connects directly to your home wifi (no base ) but is included in the total.

The Pro cameras should work with the 4500 base unit

see this;  https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

For end of life read this ;  https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

EOL doesn't mean they will stop working... just slowly phased out and maybe no more sw support...

If buying more of same, you may want to go with the Pro2 as the EOL is 2025...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HelloTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

What if an end of life camera eg arlo pro fails but I have an extra one.  Can the extra one but substituted in the free five camera secure plan?

Thanks

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What arlo app user interface do you have? The older library or new feed?

The newer interface defines location so multiple locations require a subscription per location.

The older app UI allowed multiple locations on same account or multiple accounts at the same location. Unfortunately arlo is forcing new users to the new UI.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain , that has nothing to do with the post. We all know you're not happy.

OP, as long as you remove the dead camera from your account, you can then add the replacement with no issue and stay within the 5 camera limit.

HelloTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat,

Would the same apply if the base station  vmb 4000 failed and I substituted a working vmb 4500 ?

Thanks again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To replace a base, you would need to remove all devices from your account, add the new base and then the cameras. As long as you stay with 5 cameras or less nothing changes relative to your account. Of course, you would need to rebuild the whole system with settings, modes, rules, etc.