Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

i have camera set as follows

do nothing ticked

push notifications unticked

cannot also have send email alerts unticked at same time as having push notifications unticked as save button is disabled/unclickable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do nothing AND give no notifications... if you're in a custom recording mode, just delete that rule completely. Don't make a rule for that camera and it won't do anything

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Someone else just said something very similar. Are you using the iOS app? Maybe try doing through Chrome or Firefox on a computer

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

android, also tried via pc

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you doing it in a custom mode or in ARMED?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've just tried it myself with my ARMED mode and it allows me to disable both push and email notification and click save. This is in Chrome running Win 7

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

just download and installed chroome.

i can remove both ticks if i select record but if i select do nothing the save button is disbaled...

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do nothing AND give no notifications... if you're in a custom recording mode, just delete that rule completely. Don't make a rule for that camera and it won't do anything

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

by custom mode do you mean "add mode"

i tired that and it seems you can only have one camera in the mode which is pointless.

so i created another mode and selected and then the green dot is automatically removed from all other modes.....

WHY CANNOT WE ADD IMAGES IN HERE?

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

also there is no option to delete a rule

you are forced to create a rule be it whatever for each of the 4 cameras

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To add additional cameras to a mode, you simply reedit the mode and create a new rule for a different camera. There are FAQs here which are worth reading that step you through everything. Also, the procedure has been stated in numerous threads here for the searching.  Use the resources that are available.

And to add an image you can simply use the Insert Image icon just above the text box when replying or the Attachments just below the text box. And then there's hosting it yourself someplace and pasting the link here.

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

i actually did search first and the search didnt reveal the run through.

hmmm, i only have a link and insert video icon, no attahcment icon at bottom of this txt box