Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jciesla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would LOVE for someone to be able to give me more information than the woman on the phone.  Basically, I can't detect my Arlo basestation (that has the appropriately colored lights) and was told it's because "we don't have a viable network security and there is an "infection that is attacking the Arlo"".  The network this is on is a Google Mesh Wi-Fi which uses 256 bit WPA3 encryption.  What military grade hardware security platforms do all you people use to get your stupid Arlo to work?  I can't be the only one who wanted an Arlo because I didn't need some goofy hard-wired solution or something and now you're saying a very common network solution isn't "viable"?

The error code I'm getting is 4208 so that looks like something about a Firmware update error.  I have very little additional information because I'm deployed and just trying to secure my house.  For what it's worth, I've had these cameras for about 5 years so it's not like this is a new system that's never worked.  I basically shut it down when I was home because charging the cameras was annoying and unnecessary when people were regularly in the house anyway but now that I'm gone, I was trying to set it back up again and this is where we're at.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jciesla wrote:

I would LOVE for someone to be able to give me more information than the woman on the phone.  Basically, I can't detect my Arlo basestation (that has the appropriately colored lights) and was told it's because "we don't have a viable network security and there is an "infection that is attacking the Arlo"". 

Sounds like a scam support site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jciesla wrote:

I would LOVE for someone to be able to give me more information than the woman on the phone.  Basically, I can't detect my Arlo basestation (that has the appropriately colored lights) and was told it's because "we don't have a viable network security and there is an "infection that is attacking the Arlo"". 

Sounds like a scam support site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

Jciesla
Aspirant
Aspirant

My girlfriend gets this error (she's at home) as soon as she tries to connect the app to the base station that has no cameras attached to it.  The link you sent is talking about updating firmware on cameras once they're attached to a base station.  Does the base station itself have firmware?

Jciesla
Aspirant
Aspirant

You're absolutely right, she downloaded the wrong app..... Thanks