Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera shows online with 100% charge, when I select live view it drops offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jasonlerner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera that shows online with 100% charge, then when I select live view it drops offline.  I hooked it up to the charger and the battery showed 0% even though I charged it yesterday and it was showing 100%.  It is not a location problem as the camera has been there for well over 6 months will no issues.  Same thing happened with a replacement battery.  I read something about issues with the batter pins not connecting properly and that causing issues.

Any help is appreciated.

J Lerner

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try holding the camera in your hand with the battery door open and applying pressure to the back of the battery to seat it again the pins a bit firmer. If that works, you know the pins are the issue

jasonlerner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I looked in the battery compartment and noticed that one pin was not aligned with the other three.  I adjusted it so it lined up with the other pins, placed the battery back in, and used the pressure of closing the battery door to seat the battery in place.  After I did this everythign seems to work for a few hours in the house, so I mounted it back up outside.  It worked fine, even recording me outside doing some work, but then later that night when I tried to do "live view" it disconnected.  A few hours late it showed back up and I was able to look at the camera status and see the battery charge, but then again when I tried to go "live view" it disconnected.  Now it shows completely offline and my guess is if I plug it in the battery will show 0% even though it was charged just a few days ago and should show around 90%.  

I am looking for an Arlo Technician to let me know what is wrong with the camera, or the batteries and if It is not something I can fix here to replace the malfuntioning component.

Thank you.

J Lerner