Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

basic service plan

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lu8890
Aspirant
Aspirant

wondering, does the service plan - max camera limit is based on per email account? or per base?

I currently have arlo pro with 5 cameras using basic plan.

if I go ahead and purchase another set of Alro Pro (a new base + 5 cameras), will I be able to get another basic plan for this new set of base/camera using same account?  or I will have to forced to upgrade the service plan to the paying account?

thanks all in advance.

Tommy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Basis Plan ( free ) is max of 5 cameras but you can have multi bases ( no limit on bases , nor do they have to be at the same location )

If you want more cameras using the same account , you will have to upgrade.   You could alway run two accounts (free) with different emails/sign ins

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Basis Plan ( free ) is max of 5 cameras but you can have multi bases ( no limit on bases , nor do they have to be at the same location )

If you want more cameras using the same account , you will have to upgrade.   You could alway run two accounts (free) with different emails/sign ins

lu8890
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi TomMac,

thank you so much for your super fast response.

Just to confirm what you are saying.  The plan/per camera is based on app's email acount.  so for basic free plan, each email account could only have up to 5 camers (combine.  Which means I could use 5 base if I wanted to, just as long as I only have 5 cameras).

However, to work around this, I could buy another set of base + 5 camera.  Signup a new Arlo account using a new email account, then I can have another free basic plan.

I hope my above understanding is correct.

Thanks

Tommy

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, that is correct... Basic/Free is max 5 cams , bases are not limited because it is the only true way to expand coverage.

Say each base is a 200ft circle of coverage , add a second base to cover additional 200ft area with a new circle ,sync the closest cams to each base.

Or put 3 cams in home and 2 in vacation home...still free using two bases

So if you create two accounts for free, they must use different emails

Do a search on GRANT ACCESS or sharing cameras ...