Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
amartinii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the 6 camera set. Will cameras beyond the 5 camera limit for basic cloud storage still record to local backup storage( camera 6 and greater)? Or will I have to go with one of the paid plans?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're safe. All video goes to the servers as well as local storage.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS... if you purchased a special 6 pack setup, yes... all 6 will function under the basic plan ( special code during setup to make it all work with 6 )

I f you add more cameras above your plan limit , it will not record to the cloud or back up drive on the Pro base...

As only those cameras sync'ed and active will function

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
amartinii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  So additional cameras above the set of 6   bacWILL NOT back up to local storage?  Will I have to upgrade basic plan for additional cameras beyond the set of 6 to back up to local storage as well?

Club1820
Star
Star

Hi, just to confirm your response, - are you saying that if an extra camera is added beyond the 5 (standard) or 6 (special pack) that it will NOT even record to a USB drive attached to the Arlo Base? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Once you exceed the number of allowed cameras for your plan, the extra ones aren't available so won't record anyplace. 

Club1820
Star
Star

OK thanks.  I thought that just applied to the cloud recording.   So essentially in my case, I'm limited to 5 since I don't care to go beyond 7 days of cloud recording.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always use a sec email address for a sec account with a second base and gain 5 more cameras. Then use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other to see everything in one login.

Club1820
Star
Star

Understood, thanks.

Daveg225
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the 6-camera system. Using the free 7-day account.

All 6 cameras work with the limitation of a max of 5 live at the same time.

I am confused about the feature to put a camera inactive.  I assumed I could attach a 7th camera since the base can support a max of 15, then swap out via the app to make 6 active at one time ; even thou only 5 can be live.

It seems that all 6 can be triggered since only 1 would be "live" while it records.

So I want to have 7 + cameras installed and be able to swap out to have a choice of what 6 I use at any given time.

Possible?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Clumsy but yes. Deactivating a camera works as long as you don't have an instantaneous need for it.