Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jsell
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Pro wireless cameras have worked fine for the past couple of years, then one day went offline. I checked the base station, and the internet light blinks green. I tried every step possible to reset, reconnect, reboot all of it and the basestaion is now undiscoverable on the app. The internet light is still blinking green every so often. I hope someone can offer an answer. I plugged the Netgear router directly into a port on my modem. I have Frontier Wifi. TIA

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jsell

Did you make any network/hardware changes by chance? Have you tried to check the base station status on the web portal? You mentioned resetting the base, was this a factory reset or a reboot? 

jsell
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t made any network changes, I’m not sure how to check the status in the web portal though. And I deactivated the base station from the app to try and go through the set up all over again, as well as pushing the factory reset button on the back of the Netgear and it still couldn’t find the base station.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When performing the reset, did you hold the little black button with a pin/paper clip for 10 seconds?

jsell
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jsell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really dont feel like I should have to pay Arlo for help/support of their product. I read where another user paid up to $150, and their problem wasn't even solved. This is extremely frustruating, and makes me never want to recommend Arlo products to any family or friends.  

I dont understand why when I go into WiFi networks for my home the Netgear is listed, but the Arlo app cant find it??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jsell

If you come across customers spending hundreds of dollars on support it is a scam website/number. Please be sure to use the following link below when contacting customer support. 

Arlo Tech Support