Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro solar panel not charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ryanlynn82
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have a solar panel on my arlo pro that is outside and it is not keeping it charged i have taken that camera down and recharged it fully unplugged the panel and plugged it back in and have also put on app on my phone for the solar panel to be in the right position for the light source this time of year and it hasnt shown that it has chaged in the last week or two. i bought the correct solar panel that arlo offers for their cameras. so it not like im using some weird off brand for it. any ideas or suggestions or what im doing wrong with it

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What temperatures are you seeing there? The battery won't charge below 32F. When above that do you get the charging battery icon in the Devices tab? Should be the battery with a lightning bolt through it. If not, it could be defective hardware or the cable isn't properly seated.

Ryanlynn82
Aspirant
Aspirant

we have had some cold days should be seeing some days here in the upper 30 to 40s ill watch and see if it charges and go from there and go up and check the connections on it and possibly take it down and recharge it fully and see what happens from there as well

Ryanlynn82
Aspirant
Aspirant

so our thermometer is showing 39 degress and still no sign of the charging icon or anything happening??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It can be a bad solar panel, bad panel cable, poorly inserted cable, bad camera or bad battery. You can eliminate the last two by using the AC charger successfully. The rest needs you to disconnect and reconnect the panel cable from both ends, taking great pains to get it fully and properly seated. If still an issue, open a case with support here for possible faulty hardware:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx