Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 78 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Print_B
Guide
Guide

I have a couple of Arlo systems.  One at home and one at work.  Our home system has suddenly stopped detecting motion and subsequently not recording.  It has a mixture of Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras.  I have rebooted, re-synced, removed devices - turned off system and power etc.  I still can't get them to work.  Any suggestions please?

78 REPLIES 78
brh
Master
Master

@KopKlan

Great, it looks some progress is being made. I didn't think it had anything to do with internet speed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

BTW, I forgot that it is summer where you are at --Ha Ha, I'm in the middle of winter here.

I'll look for your posts. Keep us informed when everything is working again. Soon you will be a Guru on this forum telling everyone how to fix their Arlo problems. LOL.

Good Night,

Brian

KopKlan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again Brian for all your help.  Like Steve mentioned we are experiencing sweltering hot humid conditions at the moment, and where I live we are still gripped by drought.  I had thought initially that my problems may be have been due to the heat, especially when the cameras that aren't operating correctly are in covered places where the temperature is getting to well over 40°C at times, which I believe to be over 100F. However when speaking with chat the first time they pinpointed my slow internet speed, which I have now elimated as the cause.  Will see how I go tonight when I get home from work.  As for your comment about becoming a Guru, I am humble in your presence and don't for one second think I could ever measure up to your magnificent status.  Many thanks again, will keep you posted 🙂 

brh
Master
Master

@KopKlan

If it turns out to be the internet speed as the first Arlo Support rep indicated then I need to bow down to him. Maybe some of these guys deserve a little more credit than what we give them. Thanks for the kind words.

Brian

Print_B
Guide
Guide

Morning 🙂

Had some limited success last night, activation on one camera outside that previously hadn't been working.  Was a bit slow and didn't pick up coming up the drive and walking in front, rather the record started on entry into the house where previously (before this saga begun) it would pick up movement coming up the drive, so you could get a good shot of who it was rather than a brief bum shot as they disappear into the house.  Bedroom deck camera that has always worked is still fine and operational.  Two of the cameras inside the house picked up motion as well.  (Possibly as it was bit cooler today?) Live chat had said they would send me a copy of what they did on the rules but it hasn't been forthcoming - is there any information I can read up on about these please?  Thanks, Denise