Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro camera not detecting motion.  The running man is greyed out.  I have removed the camera and re-synced.  I have removed the battery several times.   Right now I have the camera across from another camera (non-Pro) that is capturing my dogs int the house.  What else can I try?  All of my non-Pro cameras are working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update**  Seems to be working.  Thanks to everyone. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to SETTINGS and use REMOVE DEVICE for the pro cam, then pull battery and replace ( reset cam )

power button reboot the base

sync the camera again

Use the MODE ARMED, check running man he should be Black

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

Go to SETTINGS and use REMOVE DEVICE for the pro cam, then pull battery and replace ( reset cam )

power button reboot the base

sync the camera again

Use the MODE ARMED, check running man he should be Black

Thx.  I did all that last night and got the black running man.  Today the camera is still not detecting motion.  I have it across from a non-Pro camera that is sending me alerts but nothing from the Pro camera.

Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another note:  The running man that was black last night is greyed out again.  So the re-set process doesn't "stick."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dee_Iowa,

Are you using All Motion On or a custom mode? the "All motion on" mode is a mode from old firmware which could be why you are experiencing an issue.

Try again used the default "Armed" mode (all cameras are added to this mode after being synced to your system).

JamesC

Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - I was using a custom mode with a schedule.  I switched it to Armed and the running man turned black.  Switched it back to custom and he greyed out.  The camera used to work with the custom mode.   I like not having to remember to turn the cameras off and on.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

If the "running man" is greyed out when you select custom, that camera is no longer in your rules.  If you reset the camera last night, it dropped it from your rules.  Click the pencil next to custom (under modes tab) and then add a rule back in that includes that camera and you should be good to go. I also recommend checking any other custom modes you have created to ensure the cameras you expect are in the list.  Remember, if the camera is not included in the rules, it's in the DISARMED state when that mode is active.

Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I click the pencil next to my custon mode which is a schedule I don't get a list of devices, just a view of the weekly schedule.  BUT I went into the Armed mode and made sure that camera was selected (could have sworn it was selected before but whatever) and now the running man is black.  I'll have to wait for my dogs to walk around now to see if it works.  Thx. 

Dee_Iowa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update**  Seems to be working.  Thanks to everyone.