Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo can you program to arm in like 10 min

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ih8rust
Aspirant
Aspirant

LIke the system but in our case we use it at the cottage, would be nice if we could tell the system to arm in 5 or 10 min so we dont get cault by the motion detector to record everytime we go 

when we live the cottage we dont have cell signal for 10 min of driving and sometimes we forget to arm it 

dont think that is in the software ?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@ih8rust

No, I don't believe the app has that feature, but have you set up geofencing?

Brian

ih8rust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank's Brian,

I will give it a shot to see if it works for me 

We have a cell phone signal booster at the cottage and the doenst pick it up untill we are there and inside the cotage or on the deck 

It will be a week or so before we go back, will keep ypu posted 

Thank's for your help 

Gilles

ih8rust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank’s for thé info on geolocation but that part of the App doesn’t appear to be working for me and many other users 

if you do a search in this community you will see what I am talking about 

until they fix it ......

‘have a great day 

Gilles

brh
Master
Master

@ih8rust

I believe there might be several solutions if you have wifi in your cabin. but not using Arlo alone. I just was trying to find a solution without you having to spend any more money.

If you have Wifi at the cabin I can possibly offer some solutions without you having to spend too much more money/

Brian

ih8rust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes Brian we do have wifi 

brh
Master
Master

@ih8rust

I would look at the Smartthings hub. It can arm/disarm the cameras using your phones and the wifi signal. You can either purchase FOB devices or just rely on the phones absence/presence. Be advised though that Smartthings, like Arlo is cloud based and the signals can be delayed sometimes depending on the condition of the cloud. For many people that wish to improve the reliability of the presence signal, they will couple that with a free app called Life 360.

So using either the phones and/or Life 360 for presence and the Smartthings hub to arm/disarm your cameras. that should work.

It doesn't have to be Smartthings, but the Arlo/Smartthings integration is great. Plus, you might want to purchase some other sensors for added security.

If you do purchase the Smartthings hub, be advised that since Smartthings is owned by Samsung and Samsong had their own app, the two apps are being merged. So when you set up your account as a new user, ( if you are using an ios phone), don't set up a Samsung account until the merge is complete. Set up a Smartthings account. Secondly, they have two apps in the App store, (for IOS devices) one is called Smartthings, (Samsung Connect), and the other is called Smartthings, (Classic) which is the older app. If you are on an ios device, the Classic app is the one you want. If you are on Android phones then you have no choice. You will need to set up a Samsung account foe each person and use the newer app.

Brian

ih8rust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank's for the effort you put in to this much apreciated but that  would be like at least 150.00 by the time I get it since I leave in Canada and the dollard is at 1.30 US at this time 

I will wait untill Arlo gets the Geo thing fix, no big rush here to get this working properly as I can leave with the problem for a wile 

G