Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
sanman
Guide
Guide

For about the past month my Arlo App on both my Android phones keeps crashing; Samsung A5 and and an S6.  Can start the app; there's a long pause but as soon as I try and review any alerts or videos the app crashes.

Have tried clearing app cache, app data, de-installed the app and re-installed, all with no luck.

Note this across 2 Samsung phones yet both iPhones Apps in the household work fine.

Android App version is up to date.  Doesn't seem to matter wether I'm on my home WiFi network or my phone 4G network.

Anyone got any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sanman
Guide
Guide

Fixed it.  

Seems there's a timeout happening somewhere; got my friend to remove my access to their Arlo cameras and bingo; app works fine again for my setup.

Strange how it was working from the Web interface; just not my Android app.

Don't need to see their cameras anymore anyway so that fixed it for me bu tinteresting to note if you access multiple base units.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use an S5, Nexus 6 and Galaxy Tab S3 with no problems. Is your OS up to date? You may need to factory reset the phone or at least go through your apps to see if there's a conflict.

sanman
Guide
Guide

Done some more testing; both original A5 and S6 Samsung phones completely up to date for both firmware and apps.

Had another old S6 Edge; powered it up; ensured fully up to date (after a factory reset); same issue.

Thought maybe Internet and Phone providor so had accces to an S8 so tried there on anogther phone provider network with the same result.

Web interface on home PC seems fine as are the two iPhones in the house.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Working fine for me on a S8 and S8+ running android 8.0.0 (oreo) and samsung experience 9.0. Was also working fine on same phones running android 7 and samsung experience 8.

Since it's accros multiple android devices, my guess would be something with your account is crashing the app when it tries to autolog you in. But then again since it's working on an iphone that may not be, unless whatever issue there is only affects the android app.

Maybe try removing all the cameras and the base from your account, then add the base back and then sync the cameras. See if that helps.

sanman
Guide
Guide

There appears to be something there; the two x iPhones are used via their own accounts; and I just logged on to the app on the test Samsung via another account and it's ok as well.

I also have been granted access to someone elses Arlo cameras (which the other accounts don't).

Don't want to remove my cameras from my setup yet; will get myself removed from the other Arlo setup.

sanman
Guide
Guide

Fixed it.  

Seems there's a timeout happening somewhere; got my friend to remove my access to their Arlo cameras and bingo; app works fine again for my setup.

Strange how it was working from the Web interface; just not my Android app.

Don't need to see their cameras anymore anyway so that fixed it for me bu tinteresting to note if you access multiple base units.