Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Car10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a few issues with recordings not being captured.
1) it seems to not record if someone is watching the camera live. Is there a way to set it up to record motion even if someone is watching? My son likes to have it open while he is home but then I don't get any alerts or videos. He can not record while live since he has limited access so if something happens during this time we would miss it.
2) sometimes I get a notification of motion to my phone but no video saved
3) overall seems pretty spotty on when it records. It will record my small dog run by (sometimes but not others) but will not capture my son coming home (in camera range) and opening the garage door (also in camera range).

I have only had this 5 days and if I can't be confident that it is capturing videos when needed then the system is useless.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) that the way it is designed....if live watching, you over ride the armed command.

the only way is to manually start I record session durin viewing

2) check and confirm the FW on the cameras and base are up to date... This can happen when not

3) range for people is a max of 20 ft or so....and motion is better detected accross the field of view compared to straight on. So try not to cover more area then the sensor can see

placement can take some trial and error....also there is a sense level adjustment available 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Car10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!
1) but my son does not have the record option on his phone, it is greyed out. So if he wants to have it up on his phone, we get no video option.
2) I just updated them when I got them this week so should be good. How do I verify?
3) can you please explain more? I am still not sure how it can capture my small dog but not my son.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Car10,

Take a look here for positioning tips for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC