Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
conspirito
Tutor
Tutor
I do not get any live picture at all, not at the browser (where it never did so far because of : connection error), but now not any more in the android web app.The message: >>> Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the Internet.  >>> is completely nonsense, as he Arlos IS Powered AND Connetcted to the Internet, and moreover or as proof, new recordings appear in the library and can be watched in the library.
It is not very confidence building when the output message is "no internet connected" and at the same time the device is sending pictures over the internet.
Without live view, this hole system is useless...

Any help very welcome...
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention the problem but not the device or OS version.... that info is important

I do know that message appears IF you are using a old version ( non-supported ) android or atttempt to use the Arlo app on a Kindle

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
conspirito
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for helping!

The devices are:

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Model SM-T813, Android version 6.0.1

- Ubuntu 16.04 with either chrome or firefox (flash plugin version 24,0,0,221 installed)

The confusing thing is live view worked yesterday on that tablet, and today, out of nothing, the "Your Arlo device appears offline..." message appears on both tablet and ubuntu (live view never worked on ubuntu but showed :connection time out instead).

Imagine myself being somewhere in a office, an alarm comes in, and I have to pray that hopefully at least one computer in the office can provide live view? Quite scary....luckily, I am still testing out and do not have to rely on the system, motion detection alarms drop in by email, the Arlo still thinks to be offline...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, not up on Ubuntu... you may have to make a call to Netgear if they have an answer... it's not the android version.

Can say I' have only seen this as prev mentioned and usu play back live issues are Flash related.

Are you using an android app on the Samsung or playing thru Chorme/Firefox?

Morse is faster than texting!
conspirito
Tutor
Tutor

On tablet, it is the offitial arlo app, thank your for your help anyway!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some users have this issue when attempting to view on business networks. You mention being in an office, do you see the same behavior when on your own network at home?

JamesC