Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Yet another Off Line camera question!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, I know this is a common problem but I can't seem to correct it. For no reason at all one of my 3 outdoor camera's has gone "Off Line". I've tried rebooting both the Internet Router and the Arlo base station but nothing helps. This camera has a nearly fully charged battery and is only a few feet away from my wi-fi router so I know the connection is good.

It recorded an activation when I went outside this morning but when I went online and checked the web site a few minutes later it showed the camera off line. Why out of the blue would it go off line like that? 

Any other quick fix's that people know about? Hard to beleive that I would have to take the camera down and sync it with the base station again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Long story short, I tried everything in the book and ended up having to delete the camera then reactivate it. Works like a charm again. Unfortunately there's no real reason why it went off line to begin with. Hopefully it won't happen again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Remember that your home WiFi has no bearing on the wireless cameras unless somehow it's interfering with the camera to base WiFi.

Try both the app and browser to see if one works. Since you say that the router is near the camera, it's possible that your home WiFi is interfering. Try moving the router or temporarily move the camera to see if that helps.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I wish it was that easy! The camera and router are about 25 feet away from each other and neither can be moved for various reasons. Just seems strange that I can have a perfect connection for week's then all of a sudden lose it. In reading this forum for months I've always considered myself one of the lucky ones without real issues.

It'll be interesting to see if it reconnects on it's own later day. Is it possible that we could have had an automatic firmware update that caused it? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No update that I'm aware of. They happen automatically overnight, not during the day.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Long story short, I tried everything in the book and ended up having to delete the camera then reactivate it. Works like a charm again. Unfortunately there's no real reason why it went off line to begin with. Hopefully it won't happen again.

chdude3
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I will give this a shot (removing and reactivating camera).