Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Without cloud

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zorg54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there

My internet cable has been removed , probably by an animal

Meanwhile, I read that the USB is recording but

How do I control my station.

As you understand Im not on place but will be there soon.

Can i manage my station with my Iphone connect to the same wifi (without Internet)

How can I unplug the usb without crash. Can I just switch off the base sation before ?

Will it connect automaticly after rebooting ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

zorg54 wrote:

Hi there

My internet cable has been removed , probably by an animal

Meanwhile, I read that the USB is recording but

How do I control my station.

As you understand Im not on place but will be there soon.

Can i manage my station with my Iphone connect to the same wifi (without Internet)

How can I unplug the usb without crash. Can I just switch off the base sation before ?

Will it connect automaticly after rebooting ?

Thanks

You basically can't until you get your internet back up and running. Best to leave the system as is until you get back online. 

No, you won't have local access to the base just because your device is on the same network as the base, sorry.
When you get back online, use the Settings > My Devices > [Base name] > Local storage > Safely eject USB device.
After you get the internet back, you'll need to physically power cycle the base. You'll probably also find all of your cameras are completely drained and will need to be recharged (unless you have them on AC power)

zorg54
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks , but ny question is:

1- if I switch off base before unplug USB , willit be safe ?  That must be same as if power shutdown

2-  will it reboot automaticly ( usb) wu´hen switching on again ?

3 kan I take my base to a place with Internet, change mode , an replace agin.

All that because it will take several month before getting my cable fixed ( south of France ) and want to recorded hazards meanwile

thanks

brh
Master
Master

@zorg54

1- It should be ok to do a power cycle with the Flash Drive still inserted.

2- It should reboot after powering up again.

3- No, the base station has to be in range of the cameras for them to work. I'm sorry but with no internet at your house the system won't work.

Brian

zorg54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks brian

3- I meant just to change mode on base station ( to a place with internet) and then replace it at home. 

I could take with me 1 or 2 cameras

what do you think ?

But the system doesnt need cloud to work, if it can store on USB ? isn it ?

brh
Master
Master

@zorg54

Yes, you can set up the base and cameras in another location but I don't think you will accomplish anything by doing so. The Pro cameras are supposed to keep recording to the base unit temporarily when the internet goes down, but for a very short period of time. There was someone that posted here within the past couple of weeks that had no internet and thought they could save the videos locally. They checked that everything was working but two hours later all three cameras were stolen. The system, unfortunately for them, only recorded for a short time then timed out.

I really think that you are simply out of luck until you can get your internet cable repaired. Maybe you can find someone to repair the cable. It should not be difficult. 

Brian

zorg54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian

i wil found out on monday..