Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the audio on an Arlo pro Camera be recorded with old Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OceanL1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am considering adding a Arlo Pro to my 1st generation system due to the audio option and rechargeable batteries.  

I just purchased this whole system 6 mo ago and not looking to buy an entirely new base and kit. 😕  Will the audio record in my 7-day storage account when connected to the previous base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... it records audio on the mp4 files from the mic ( on camera )

You can hear it on playback

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/816948313F77D3F6_201705

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro camera will function with either base ( running one now on the older base ).  You will have the audio with the Pro , But NOT the local record / siren as that is built into the newer Pro Base unit.

As mention the limit is the number of cameras on your service level , basic is 5.

OceanL1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great,  I just wanted to make sure the Audio would be recorded and play back from my online 7 day backup because there is no audio now, and now way to test audio playback on the cloud service. 

Not concerned about local at the moment. 

OceanL1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone recorded Audio from pro with the old base station and able to hear it on the cloud recording playback?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... it records audio on the mp4 files from the mic ( on camera )

You can hear it on playback

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/816948313F77D3F6_201705

OceanL1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know it will record with new base -b Just wanted to make sure the audio was saved by old base with the new camera.